Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween! ....Oh wait... I mean "Reformation Day!"


Usually we have a little girl in our home, but tonight we had another kitty-cat!

Well, tonight was Ella's 4th official halloween, but the first time to dress up and go trick-or-treating. I took her to the neighborhood just around the corner from us - it was a lot nicer than ours, and much more hopping too! And good candy! A few houses even gave out full-size (and even one king-size!) candy bars! No wonder it was hopping! There were tons of kid out, but Dave only had one knock on our door the whole time we were gone. I think we gave out a total of 8 pieces of candy. And I was worried we would run out. So obviously our neighborhood wasn't the place to be.

I guess watching the cartoons from today was just enough for Ella to get the whole "trick-or-treat" thing down. Because we hadn't really said much about it. When we went to the first house, I wasn't sure what she would do. I figured she'd be shy, but not at all. She walked right up, pounded on the door, and said "trick or treat!" just like she was supposed to. Then took the candy and ran, saying "which house should we go to next!?" Yup. She got it down all right.

It didn't take long and her little bag got somewhat heavy. Pretty soon I was hearing her say "I'm hungry" It didn't take long to realize what she was hungry for. And it wasn't dinner.

Her favorite "score" was a little container of play-doh. She couldn't wait to get home so she could show it to dad. Worms, snakes, and pancakes all around!



Here's a pic of our two kitty-cats:



So, hungry for a Snickers bar? Some smarties maybe? Come on over! We've got tons left!

4 comments:

The VM Family said...

Hi Ella,

Oooh, I like how you coordinated your trick-or-treat bag with your costume! I was a 50s girl (whatever that is!) but I had a kitty cat face painted on at my party...

Love, Ella

Sittintall said...

Wow, looks like she won the jack pot! Kyra on the other hand didn't do so well. She was so excited to go, but she has pink eye and Katie had a fever, but how do you say no? So, we went to a few houses (the doctor said, she'd have her hands on the bucket and not people anyway). She was so miserable though, we went home soon after and she went straight to bed. And did I mention it rained? Ughh

Carma said...

Ella, you looked like the "cat's meow!" You looked adorable! Enjoy all your goodies!! We handed out popcorn balls and candy; it was a big hit! Thanks for the pictures!! Love ya...

Anonymous said...

you look really cute Ella. Pakke had to answer the door at our house and we had around 60 kids. Beppe had choir practice so she couldn't answer the door. Too bad! It's Pakke's turn anyway since every other year I do. Sorry you couldn't come here! We had lots of different candy but the popular one was the milk duds. Beppe