Monday, October 27, 2008

Painting and Pumpkins!

We've had a pretty exciting day of crafts/special projects in our home the past few days. I must admit that I'm not one of those moms that likes to get down and dirty and messy. I'm usually not planning any type of activities that might involve finger paints, glue, scissors, glitter, or any of those other "messy" arts and crafts items. So when Ella and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby (LOVE that store!) this past week, and picked up some wooden letters, paint brushes, and paint, Ella was pretty excited to be involved in the project that was to come. We covered the table in newspaper, got out all of the supplies, and before long we had the letters E-L-L-A hand-painted to match the colors in Ella's room.

Here's my little artist at work:


And here's our finished product! (completed with just a *little* help from me)



Then on Saturday, we decided to make our way to a pumpkin farm to pick out a few pumpkins. There were goats and llamas to pet, play houses to explore, hay piles to climb on and walk inside, and many other fun things that Ella enjoyed running back and forth between. If my camera display hadn't died on me, and Ella hadn't done such a great job of running away each time we finally caught up to whatever attraction she was involved in, I would have captured a lot of cute pictures. But this is about the only one I got.



We did find a pumpkin for myself, Dave, Ella, and Pumpkin. After a much needed nap, we once again covered our table with newspapers and the pumpkin carving fun began!

Ella was our professional pumpkin-scooper-outter. (:



And here is our new pumpking family - a "classic" smile for Dave, a kitty-cat pumpkin for Pumpkin, a goofy smile for mine, and a scary-faced (chosen by her) pumpkin for Ella.


Ella was less than excited when I told her that pumpkins' home would be our front porch. She really tried to talk me into keeping them in the house where she would then be able to see them all the time. Sorry, they had to be outside where they were able to get a good view of the snow (yes, SNOW!) that we had blowing in the air today. Brrrrr!!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun! Stay warm! (I recommend hot chocolate with a little Bailey's. Mmmm.)

Sittintall said...

Wow! I'm very impressed. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

PS I think I need Ella to come over and do some painting for us! She's a great painter (wink wink).

Carma said...

So much fun... what great Fall activities! I love the letters and pumpkins... very creative.

The VM Family said...

Wow Sarah! You're crafty-- even your pumpkin faces are artistic!

Anonymous said...

See the way Ella is holding her hand on the picture where she's scooping out the pumpkin? Dave holds his hand the same way!
Mom