Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Future....

Golfer! Dave thinks she is the next (just a sec, let me go do a little internet research to find out the name he used, I keep forgetting). Okay, found it on the LPGA website - Michelle Wie. So, here she is, the next Michelle Wie!



Dave was pretty excited to "win" the auction for this golf club set for her on e-bay. Just before she swung her club at one point, she looked at Dave and said "Watch me Daddy! I'll show you how to get it done!" Ha ha! That was definitely her quote of the day.



Okay, so seriously though, I am happy to report that we FINALLY do know where we will be living next! Yay! Dave was officially offered the chaplain position in Racine, WI. So it looks like that's where we will be moving. I wanted him to be the one to post this, but he took too long, and I couldn't keep all of our friends in suspense any longer, so I'm finally announcing it!

Our trip to Racine last week went very well. Dave had an extremely enjoyable time during his interview on Wednesday. He is rather excited to join the team there. It truly feels like an almost perfect fit, and he is very comfortable there. A true night and day difference between how his interview in Bakersfield went. We are certainly thankful that he was not offered that position, and that this is where he will be going. There definitley IS a reason for everything! It most definitely is the better position for him, and I think he will thrive there. He was kind of like a fish out of water in California, and I don't think he is quite ready for the environment there yet. I guess you can't easily take the midwest boy out of the midwest - even though that was kind of my hope when the job search process began!

So now begins the task of finding a home to move to. Hopefully finding something that fits the criteria we are looking for and is within our budget will not be too much of a challenge. Please pray for us through this process. Oh, and ask anyone you know if they know anyone in Racine that has a place for rent! Hee hee!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yippee!! Sounds like you all have things to be thankful for with this new move - even your mom, who can stop worrying, right? (My mom would do the same!)

Looking forward to seeing the view for the new VB window location.

Carma said...

Congratulations! How exciting...I googled Racine the other day...and it looks like a nice community! I hope I can see it one day! I'm looking forward to the new adventures through the VB window!

love you all...

Sittintall said...

YEAH!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I already can't wait to visit. I hope the house hunt goes well, and thank the Lord that something is in place before your rental place gave you the boot! Happy trails.

PS Happy Belated BDay Sarah. I meant to give you a call (and probably will do so very soon). Love you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! Congratulations! I'm so glad you found a good place! we'll have to visit each other now that you'll only be an hour and a half away! yea! I'm so thankful that God's timing was working so well in your life for this Job. God is good! i do look forward to seeing you around these parts soon!

Annie :)

The VM Family said...

Congrats on the new job! God is so cool.

VP's said...

Wisconsin??? What happened to Florida???? We need you here!!!

Well, OK. Wisconsin will do. Congratulations on the job! It sounds like a good fit for you all. How nice to have some good schools there for Ella. It will be exciting to see how God is going to work in all of your details over the next few months.