Monday, July 21, 2008

Just One Thing Bright and Beautiful



Last Saturday night, as I was helping Ella to get ready for bed, we heard Dave yelling from downstairs. "Ella! Come look outside! There's a rainbow!" She quickly runs to the stairs before I could stop her. Uhhhh.. Dave, she's kinda in the buff right now. So he quickly tells her to go upstairs and finish getting dressed. We quickly put on jammies and look out her window. Wow! Yes, this definitely WAS a RAINBOW! We hurried outside, where it was sprinkling just a little, and stared in awe at the sight that we saw in our Minnesota sky.



I wish I could capture the beauty that we saw in pictures, but they just don't really do it justice. I don't think I've ever, in my entire life, seen a rainbow this huge. And how cool to be able to see both the beginning and the end. A "double rainbow" I guess it's called. Definitely not just the small bit of prism that we can sometimes see when the sun shines through the rain.

Oh yeah, this rainbow was definitely dance-worthy. And that's just what Ella did.



"All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all."

Oh what an awesome and good God we have.

4 comments:

Carma said...

That rainbow looked awesome; God is truly amazing! Glad you could all enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Ella sure is coordinated doing her rain dance. Did she dress to match the umbrella for the event? ;-)

That is cool that you could see the full rainbow. Must have been a big one since it took 3 photos to capture the whole thing.

Anonymous said...

I've seen double rainbows out here before. They are indeed beautiful- and dance worthy!
Mom

VP's said...

Sarah,

Tonight I was catching up on your blog. I will keep you all in my prayers as you will find out soon where your next move is.

I love rainbows and that is a beautiful one indeed!