Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Surgery Day

First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! I'm sorry that we have not been very diligent lately in our postings.

Anyway, what is more pressing on our minds right now is Ella's surgery that will happen tomorrow, January 9. Yes, tomorrow is the day that that the surgeons will place three tissue expanders underneath Ella's scalp. The surgery is expected to last 2 to 3 hours and we are anticipating a 2 to 3 day hospital stay.

Ella is doing well. Right now I don't think that she knows that she's going to the hospital tomorrow. I guess we'll break it to her at about 5:15 in the morning. We have to be there at 6:00 and the surgery will begin at 7:45.

We are not looking forward to this surgery and the next following months. We dread the thought of Ella having these expanders in. But at the same time, we know that it is the next necessary step in her recovery.

So we are praying that everything will go well. We are expecting that it will. We are concerned about the amount of pain that Ella will be in after the surgery. We are hoping that it will be minimal and can be quickly controlled.

We covet your prayers and will post some updates for you in the following days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ella. Sarah & Dave,
I will be thinmking about you all tomorrow morning. I hope that the surgery goes smoothly and that Ella's pain can be controlled and minimized as much as possible.I trust that she is in good care & is in the hands of some of the best physicians out there. My prayers are with you all.
Love, Annette

Sittintall said...

We will certainly be praying for Ella and your family in the next few days (weeks), and hope that the pain is minimal. I had no idea her surgery was coming up so close. I hope all goes well.