Friday, September 7, 2007

Why we LOVE our new home!

Why Pumpkin loves it:
1 - the windows and doors! How exciting to have all of these huge window ledges to sit on and look out at the world outside! And a sliding glass door too! What a view!

2 - No door to keep me downstairs at night! Now, I get to truly be a part of the family and sleep upstairs with everyone else, just like it "should" be!

Why Ella loves it:
1 - the windows and doors! Finally, windows low and big enough for me to see everything going on outside!

2 - the hill in my backyard! No matter how many times I run up and down, I NEVER run out of energy. My favorite thing to do is to say to mom or dad, "let's race!" I always win of course. Oh, and a lot of times I will find other kids to play with at the top of that hill. Well, to run around with anyway!


3 - the kids! There are a lot of kids in my new neighborhood. They are fun to watch and play with.

4 - the dogs! All of my neighbors seem to have cute little dogs. Daisy, a little chihuahua lives right next to me, and Samson, another small dog, lives on the other side.

5 - the church. It is so much fun playing with all of the other kids there, listening to a story, and doing a "craft" I especially liked the story about how God got swallowed by the fish. Or was it Jonah? I got a little confused when I re-counted it to mom and dad. Every time I drive by that church (which is any time we go ANYWHERE), I always have to comment about the fish I made there. And I can't wait to see what I'll get to do there next sunday!



Why Dave and I love it:
1 - the people! It's amazing how many kind and wonderful people we have already met. Even when shopping, the store employees and other shoppers seem to just be super friendly. Dave took Ella to the park only a couple of days after we moved and started talking to a nice young woman with a little boy just about Ella's age. As they talked, they discovered that her and her hubby graduated from the SAME college in Michigan as Dave and I! And even in the same year! And her dad is a pastor in Oregon serving in the same denomination as Dave. Crazy! Oh, and they attended the church we were planning on going to the first sunday here. So we met them there and then ended up at their home for lunch afterwards. Ella and I have even been on two playdates already at their house and have met some other moms and kids. So that has been wonderful!

2 - the city! We were both ready for large-town living once again, and so far it has been great. So nice to have everything so nearby and to drive in a big town once again.

3 - the schedule! Finally, we just might get to live just like most other people, and have a somewhat normal schedule. It has been so wonderful to actually experience a weekend! We have been able to visit friends in central Iowa two weekends ago, and will be able to go to Wisconsin to see Dave's family and celebrate his dad's birthday this coming weekend. We would never have been able to do that before. And a three-day weekend! What is that! Dave finally got to experience one of those too! We even had the pleasure of having John and Brooke visit on labor day evening for pizza, fellowship, and three games of settlers! Yes, I think this will be a great schedule to have for the year. (:

Yes, God is certainly GOOD, and it is amazing how he has already provided for us in so many ways - especially socially. We are truly getting a great start to our life here in this new town!

3 comments:

Carma said...

Hey, I'm glad everything is going so well! I miss you, but am happy for you. Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

Glad Ella likes her hats and her new adventure of living in a new place.Love you!
Mom

Sittintall said...

I'm so happy for you Sarah!! It sounds like you are really liking it there. I guess you kind of take for granted having weekends free. I never even thought how hard that must be for you. And so nice to finally hear some updates. I keep checking your blog for updates, and was so happy to see something on it today!!! Yeah!!