Sunday, September 16, 2007

Friends you choose, but family...

I know it's been said that you can choose your friends, but your family you are sort of "stuck" with. Well I want to post some pictures of the family that I am very happy to be stuck with!

Last weekend we were able to get together with my (Dave) extended family for my dad's birthday. I remember when we used to have these old fashioned family gatherings all the time. But it's been quite some time since I have had the chance to be a part of one. And I must admit that I didn't realize how much I missed them! It was just a great time to get together with everyone else. There was plenty of food, fun, and just enjoying each other's company!

Since it had been so long since we were all able to be at one of these we decided we had to take some pictures. Fortunately a niece of mine brought her boyfriend along so he could be our photographer.



This is me with my dad and my three brothers and two sisters!



I don't know what's up with the canoe -- it's not like we are an aquatic family! Ella decided she needed to be in this one as well. I guess since she's by far the youngest grandchild she gets special privileges!

Grandpa with some of his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Again, the canoe is kind of funny because if it were actually in the water I guarantee that my dad would not be sitting in it!

One big happy family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great family pictures! Your dad looks great,Dave.

Clara

Anonymous said...

You will treasure those picturs. Glad that you were able to join the family for your Dad's birthday.

MZ

Carma said...

I like the family pictures; it was fun actually "seeing" your siblings instead of just hearing about them. Great entry.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time! It was good to see you, Sarah, and Ella again! Aaar Aaaar rooooo!!!!!

*Jen*