Friday, July 20, 2007

Moving On

There are only 25 days left until M-Day. The big move. We will be packing up and moving to a new city, new state, and new way of life. Dave will be trading in his role as head pastor for a small-town church for the role of resident chaplain in a major health facility in a somewhat large city. I will be trading in my role as stay-at-home-mom/pastor's wife for the role of working-mom/Dave's wife. We will be leaving a lifestyle of financial comfort and begin a lifestyle of strict-budgeting and penny-pinching. I am excited. I am ready to move on.



We have lived in this small town for 3 years and 10 months now. It is the only home Ella knows. It has never really felt like "home" to me. We have been through hot and humid summers, colorful fall days, cold and white winters, and beautiful springs. We have had joy and we have had pain. We have experienced small-town life to the fullest. The time spent here has been a true blessing to us. We have learned a lot about ourselves, about people, and about the God we serve. We will be sad as we say goodbye, but happy as we look forward to the year ahead in our new home.



I have come to the realization that this life will contain many new homes over the years. I wonder if any will really ever feel like "home." Maybe none will. Maybe that's how it is supposed to be. For this world is not my home. It is only a temporary journey. But I hope that as I have the opportunity to live among different people and different communities, I may be used by God to serve his purpose, and that He will always be by my side until I finally make it to the home that I long for.

1 comment:

Sittintall said...

Welcome Sarah! I am so glad you started blogging! I have had fun writing a few things, letting others in on our life as well as seeing what others are up too. If anything it will be nice to be updated on yours and other fam/friends lives. I plan on giving you a call soon so we can catch up. Tootles.