Saturday, March 8, 2008

Looking and Feeling Better!

Yesterday we went to the doctor to get Ella's drain removed. She did SOOO good, and was SOOO brave! The doctor is very pleased with how she looks. He is impressed that some of the areas of skin are already laying quite a bit flatter in so short a time. So a great follow-up report!

The first thing we did when we got home? Took a much-needed bath! I gently washed Ella's hair, but didn't even try to comb it out. Then today, when she came in to my room as I was still laying in bed, the first thing she told me was that I was stinky and needed a shower. Well, that's really a nice "Hello!" I thought! But it didn't take long for me to realize that was she was REALLY saying was that SHE wanted to go in the shower - so that's what we did this morning. So I have a clean-haired girl anyway, even if still dishevelled!

Here are a couple of pictures from today. She has not been a good cooperater posing for the camera lately. These were actually both taken as I "tricked" her into coming into her room. I clicked the camera just as I saw her come running through the doorway. So they are action shots.




Oh, and just to comment on her forehead area - the stich you see is her hairline. What appears to be a bald patch above it is actually not bald, there is a little bit of hair starting to grow back there. This is one of the areas that was pulled out by the surgeon during the expander insertion surgery. So there are hair follicles there, the hair is just really short!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good, Ella! Now it won't be long before you'll have hair growing all over your head! Love ya

Beppe

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Phew! I can imagine you're all relieved to have made it this far. I'm relieved for you. I'm glad the swelling has subsided. I was concerned when I saw that. I'm sure Ella's glad to be rid of that drain too. Now she's all clean and lookin' good! And she'll have a full head of lengthy hair before you know it. Sarah, you're action shots are actually quite good. Thanks for sharing. Love, Annette