Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Picture Share!

Well, these past few months, there have been quite a few pictures that have been taken that I have looked at and thought "That needs to go on our blog!" Well, of course, so many of them never make it, and before too long, they have become "old news"

So I thought I'd take this opportunity to post a bunch of the "never-seens" that I think need to be shared. Hope you enjoy!

I'll start with a few from our trip to California last November. I just love how much fun everyone is having here. We wanted a picture of my dad with his two granddaughters, but Ella would not cooperate and sit on his lap or next to him. Of course, when Uncle Paul jumped in to help, she was more than willing to sit by and act goofy with him. (:


My brother Paul and I and holding each other's little girls.


A very rare moment of calm - It was so nice to sit and snuggle with my little girl and my little niece. And they both were normally always in high-energy mode, so having them this calm at the same time was quite the surprise. What a special moment. This was the night we had to say goodbye to Paul, Dana, and Morgan.


Here's Ella and her buddy, Paul's dog Buster. This was taken the morning we left California. This one's for my dad. He thought it was pretty neat how Ella and Buster played together - although the only thing he wants to do in this shot is to share her lunch!


And this is the day after we came back home to Minnesota. Definitely no eating lunch outside here! Snowball anyone? Ella will make you one!


The next couple were taken at Christmastime. This is me with my mom's parents, who live in Wisconsin. It had been quite a while since I had gotten to see them, so we needed to get a picture with myself and Ella with the both of them. This one's for my mom. (:


Next is Dave and Ella playing with one of Ella's Christmas presents - Tinker Toys! Ella requested that her daddy build her a roller coaster, and he graciously complied. (:


And finally, a couple of pictures of my great little kitchen helper! If there's some cooking or baking to be done, Ella always wants to get in on the action!

Making Banana Bread...


And Making Grilled Cheese...


Thanks for looking! And I hope you enjoyed our "catch-up" picture share!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! News on your blog 3 days in a row!! I'm impressed. Thanks a lot for the pictures,too.
Mom

Carma said...

Loved the pictures; Ella looks like a good helper in the kitchen!

Rebecca said...

They say a picture's worth 1000, words right? So you must be worn out from all the "writing" you did today! Thanks for sharing all these moments, I enjoyed every one.

Sittintall said...

Those were great pictures! Dave, that was quite the roller coaster. I was very impressed. That would be a great toy for us to have. I'm sure our girls would love to build a coaster.

The VM Family said...

What a brave girl! After all she's been though, I'm constantly amazed that Ella still loves her doggie buddies.