Wednesday, October 3, 2007

What A GOOD Daddy He Is!

Dave and Ella have been SOOOO busy lately.....taking care of all of their babies! This is the latest craze in our household - Ella giving daddy all of the babies to take care of, then telling him what to do with them and how to care for them. Meanwhile, Ella is busy taking care of the "favored baby" - Mama Kitty Cat. There's no mistaking that she gets preferential treatment - only the best stroller/bottle/blankets/food/etc for her. Ella will steal from the mouths of the other babes for her precious mama kitty cat!


(notice mama kitty living the high life in the stoller on the bottom left)



I must admit that this is one of the things I most love doing - watching Dave interact and play with his little girl. It just warms my heart. In the mornings, Ella wakes up very early and goes downstairs, where Daddy is usually up and about already. I listen to them as I am snuggled under the covers and often grin at the many things she will say and the questions she will ask. She certainly is a chatterbox in the mornings, and I love eavesdropping on them! But I know that even though she loves her daddy, she is still mommy's little girl. (:

3 comments:

Sittintall said...

Awhh...what a great daddy! Kudos to you Dave! Not many father's would play dolls with the daughter. I don't think Kevin ever has. Glad to see they are pals.

PS Kyra has the same pjs

VP's said...

That's a good man!

There are those jammies again. I think I have seen those in other pics. Marissa has the same ones but they are pink.

I wish we lived closer together. The girls (and parents) would have so much fun together. Hopefully one day they will actually be able to meet (I guess their first and only meeting was when they were about 2 months old when Dave baptised Marissa).

The VM Family said...

I know what a good daddy you are Dave, but could you look any less enthused in those first 2 pictures? :)

Jen